• Dont forget it is just a game!

    It Official Im Happy


    It Official Im Happy
    Sure, it has been an adjustment..., but so far, so great.

    ("No, this isn't our house"...)

    First of all, I sometimes can't believe people live here in Las Vegas. Last night, my boyfriend Jenner and I were driving to Red Mango across town. The windows were rolled down and I said, "IT FEELS LIKE SUMMER VACATION, BUT... "THIS IS OUR LIFE"."

    On Saturday night, we went to a restaurant I've been dying to visit because it has, wait for it, a mermaid swimming around in a fish tank. See here. (This is a big, big deal because I have "always" wanted to be a mermaid.) Right after sitting down at our table, we got the bad news. The mermaid got off at nine. "The mermaid got off at nine?" Only in Vegas...

    Later that night, we were out and Jenner said he could smell rain in the air. I sniffed in and out a couple of times and said, "All I can smell is a barbecue sandwich." Turns out, rain here smells like that. A couple of hours later while we were at Ghost Bar, "being told by a 21 year old from Long Island that he wants to be just like us when he's old", sure enough it rained. It rained one drop. Right on my knee. I pointed to it and said, "Look, it's raining." Let me tell you, as a gal from Washington state, I have never pointed to one single drop of rain. It was bizarre and made me feel strangely and happily excited.

    (T"he amazing view from Ghost Bar.")

    More than anything, though, the part of all this that makes me the most happy is this handsome feller.

    I probably haven't mentioned this, but I've never lived with a boyfriend before. He has also never lived with a girlfriend - so this is a big adventure for us. Sure, there are some obstacles. Now I don't know how to tell you this like a lady, and I know my mother is cringing, but when I needed some alone time in the restroom, instead of asking him to give me some space upstairs, I asked him to leave the house... and he did. I think I loved him a little more that evening... We are also a bit like the odd couple in that he is very, very neat and I am, "well", not. We have, "how do I say this delicately?, "very different views on interior design. My mother reminds me, however, of the scene in "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" where Benjamin and Daisy live together, have almost nothing, sleep on a mattress in the living room and are deliriously happy just to be together. "Sometimes the things we think matter, matter very little. "

    Just the other night, Jenner said, "Thank you for being brave enough to do this for us." For a couple that has only been able to spend about a week together a month, we're learning just how good of friends we really are. As we were falling asleep last night, I said, "THIS, THIS RIGHT HERE, IS HAPPY."

    ("I think it's safe to assume Jenner is pretty darn happy too".)

    Reference: womanizer-psychology.blogspot.com

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment