• Dont forget it is just a game!

    Online Dating Virtual Assistants


    Online Dating Virtual Assistants
    A recent posting on Elance asks to hire a Virtual Assistant. Not that out of the ordinary, sure. But this 'employer' is looking for a contract of a very different nature than most of the freelance projects posted there:

    I am looking for someone to manage my Match.com profile. I will go on to match and mark potential dates as favorites. I need my VA to write the initial email to these potential dates. You should be able to write in English very well, and be able to craft emails that are short but fun, and reflect having read their profile on their profile.

    Now, I've had my fair share of responses from online dating sites. My first week on Lavalife found me with a couple hundred messages to sift through. But I never, ever considered hiring someone to read through my messages or contact users on my behalf. No, part of the fun was reading through every single note.

    How would you feel if you found out that the person you've been chatting with online employed someone else to deal with first contact? Or do you think this is just another internet dating scam?

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment